So today several interesting misadventures happened at home. First was the fire. While Bob was cutting wood with our table saw, smoke and flames began coming from inside under the blade. OH NO. Bob got scared, turned off the saw and the vacuum collecting all the dust. That stopped the fire in the table and he worked on cleaning up the mess. But then smoke and flames began rising from the shop vac. Oh No. A very scary moment.
Bob dragged the vacuum outside and drowned it with water. Fire all gone. Total damage, one shop vac. It looks like a piece of wood fell into the table saw and got stuck. That prevented the sawdust from exiting creating a fire hazard. Then the fast rotating blade created a friction fire in the sawdust. And when he turned off the saw first, the vacuum sucked embers inside where the sawdust burst into flame.
But that wasn’t all that happened today. Charlie ate my dinner–turkey mole–which sounds like it would have been delicious. Instead I came home and had a sandwich for a late dinner. And Elly got the turkey carcas, dragged it into our bedroom, and then pretended to be a little lady with her paws tucked over the bones when Bob walked into the room. She didn’t want to come out for a walk. But when Bob insisted she come, out trotted one dog with turkey carcas in mouth. And just now, my family is pigging out on brownies that need to be eaten in bowls while Kate shrieks about PMS and a need for chocolate. At least my life is not dull