Today was my first day back at work since the knee injury over a week ago. My bosses were kind enough to let me work from home last week. It was hard walking, no not walking, crutching into that place. But all turned out ok. Learned several things.
1. many people have had knee injuries, all of them say they are painful and heal slowly. By their standards, I’m doing very well.
2. No one thought I was stupid or oversensitive to use crutches even though I can stand on two legs. In fact, most people told me not to over do it, make sure I keep using them until I’m really healed.
3. There are a number of people who won’t ask what happened — probably too polite, but they still want to hear stories.
4. If you make jokes about new fashion accessories (i.e. crutches), others can also have great creative ideas. I like the thought of blinky rope lights on the crutches the best. May have to actually implement them.
5. The cutting and pinning fabric bags for sewing party has been rescheduled and now I have even more people coming. Will be able to get rid of lots of fabric.
6. People were glad to see me back at work. That was a good feeling.
And I’m tired. It was a hard day. So it’s off to bed at 8 pm.