Blogging is a fascinating way to share information. It’s better than the social media websites, because only those who want to follow can. I’m looking forward to documenting my transformation from mom, engineer, wife, and general “good girl” into someone new. So over the last year, I’ve been changing my life by doing some of the following things:
- Gone back to school to earn an AA in art
- Began self study for CISSP – ISSEP (software / systems security) certification
- Began studying to become a Bard
- Use meet-up to find some new friends / groups in my area
- Agreed to become a high school band tournament organizer (big time band booster position)
- Started riding my bike (as well as the train and bus) to work
- Worked with my husband to make an art studio
- Began teaching myself how to do sculpture by teaching myself how to do paper mache
- Joined a local labyrinth group
- took up knitting again after a 10 year gap.
- Handed over control of the house and the kitchen to my husband
- Got a dog (puppy) for the first time in my life.
- Stopped some of my mentoring activities at local schools
- Continue working full time as an engineer
So look for some amusing stories, tales of way too much work, and general comments about the process of re-inventing oneself. This should be fun.
I’ll start by posting a picture of our newest member of the family — elle the golden retriever.